Della Lamb Community Services is a United Way, United Methodist sponsored 501(c)(3) tax-exempt, non-profit corporation which has been in existence since 1897, serving low-income Kansas City people of all ages with programming which meets immediate need and which prepares the client to achieve long-term self-sufficiency. 2,000 low-income families are served daily. Della is a National Mission Institution of the national United Methodist Church… the 9th largest in the nation, out of 101 National Mission Institutions throughout the U.S.
DLCS exists to empower its clients to meet the challenges of education, employment and self-sufficiency in an ever-changing world.
Current Volunteer Opportunities Available:
- Administration – Clerical
- Early Education Child Care
- Elementary Charter School – Classroom
- English as a Second Language (ESL) – Adult Education
- Adult Basic Education
- Youth Services
- Golden-Age Senior Citizen Luncheons – Meal Preparation & Service
- Seasonal – Seasonal Events
- Seasonal “Group-Drives” – Seasonal Programming Support
Notice to Potential Volunteers
Please be advised that you must consent and authorize Della Lamb to obtain an investigative consumer report that may include, but not be limited to, a criminal record check, employment verification and personal references.